<< Back To Directory
This Week in 4th Grade
What's happening this week?
Homework: 4 Stars
Star OptionsRead 20 minutes: 1 Star
- Read independently a book of choice
- Students may finish Social Studies/Science if needed
Math Practice: 2 Stars
- Written Practice (students can count this for stars if it is completed at school or at home)
- 20 minutes of XTRA Math or IXL (log-ins are written in the front of students' agendas)
Spelling Practice: 3 Stars
- Spelling City Activity or Game
- Practice Activity (see green sheet in NEON folder)
Skill: Compound Words
watermelon, homemade, understand, sometimes, shoelace, highway, upstairs, thunderstorm, shortcut, doorbell, jellyfish, touchdown, campfire, skateboard, anyway, fireworks, haircut, loudspeaker, laptop, flashlight
Story of the Week: The Best Christmas Pageant Ever(novel)
Tested Comprehension Skills: Context Clues, Summarize, Cause & Effect
Weekly Test: There will be a comprehension test when we finish the novel
*Students can take the AR test on this book when we finish.
- Students should be getting close to their goals. As a reminder, AR is averaged in to students' reading grades.
This Week's Lessons:Multiplication Facts Quiz: x9
#49: Word Problems about Equal Groups
#50: Adding and Subtracting Decimal Numbers
Wednesday: Cumulative Test #9
Investigation #5: Percents
Tuesday - Timed test (30 problems, 1 min. 30 sec.)
Friday - Retest
*This quiz is a math grade. I have many students who need to practice multiplication facts and take it seriously. Math will continue to get harder if multiplication facts are not memorized.
Writing About Reading
Social Studies - Unit 2
Indiana Long Ago
We will be finishing Unit 2 this week.
Did you know? Indiana will be celebrating its 199th birthday on Friday, December 11th?
We will be doing some Science reading and activities with Super Science magazine this week.